6/25/13

Nothing like a morning heart attack.

Around 7 this morning, I woke up to use the bathroom.  As I walked out of the room, I noticed that Bailey wasn't in the pack and play and automatically assumed she was in the bed with Tina nursing.  As I walked to the bathroom I saw my son sitting on the couch playing quietly on an iPad.  I didn't have my glasses on so I waved at him and went about my business in the bathroom.  During the return to bed I noticed that Bailey was not in the bed either and Tina was sleeping away.  No baby in the crib, no baby in the bed...what the hell?  I immediately started pressing the comforter and moving sheets thinking Bailey may have scooted herself underneath.  No dice.  Now I'm starting to panic a little and I shake Tina's leg to wake up because now I'm thinking Tina might know what's up.  No clue.  Now we're both up and tossing sheets, looking behind bed, looking around the bed.  Nothing.

At this point, my brain went into lunacy mode and I started thinking things like "Oh My God!  The front door didn't have a cross with lamb's blood and the angel of death took her!" or "Oh My God!  Someone ninja-like climbed through window and kidnapped her!"

I ran to the basement door, it was closed.  I ran into the living room and asked AJ if Bailey was in there with him.  He answered "no" and then began to panic too.

I finally run back into our bedroom and Tina and I are looking left and right and don't know what to do.  That's when Tina looks at the pack and play mattress and noticed it was elevated, Bailey was underneath it!  She had tossed and rolled so much that she lifted it up and rolled under.

There was a huge collective gasp and Tina rushed to get her out.  Bailey was okay, in fact, she looked kind of pissed at us for waking her up.  In the night she must have rolled against the wall of the pack and play, which lifted the mattress a little and she rolled right under.  It was the most terrifying morning I've ever been involved in...so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment