9/25/13

Something About AJ

About two years ago, or maybe just last year, I remember posting on Facebook about AJ having a group of older school girls that were smitten with him and would always wave to him in passing.  This all took place on the playground at what is now his and Madison's school.

Yesterday, I let the kids play on the playground after school.  I had noticed last week that there are a group of 4th or 5th grade girls that swarm to him when he gets to the playground.  Well, yesterday, I called AJ to me to let him know that we were leaving, and he stopped and yelled "Wait!"

Me - "Why, what's wrong?"
(I saw an older girl running from him and holding index finger as if to say "wait 1 minute, I'll be right back.")
AJ- "I have to wait for this girl."
Me - "Why?  Is everything okay?"
AJ - "Yes, she is just getting me her phone number."
Me (now a little taken back) - "Umm, why is she giving you her phone number?"
AJ - "Because, she wants me to come over to her house."
Me (Totally Boggled) - "Uhhh, I don't think that's going to be possible, how hold is she?"
AJ (Totally Serious) - "It doesn't matter."

The girl never did come back, probably because her parents told her no about the number.  I told AJ that I don't think she's coming back and he was cool with that.  Two minutes later I found him sitting in the middle of a circle created by three sitting girls.  I had to know what his trick was, because I usually don't listen that intently on his conversations.  I casually pushed the stroller which held Bailey, over to the little pow-wow that was happening.  The girls' faces were so pensive and fixated on him as he spoke, I swear he could have been telling them how he climbed Mt. Everest.  That's not what he was saying though, he was actually telling them about "The Force" and how if they ever let him die, that he will lose "The Force" and disappear.  He told them how he can use this force to open things, and make things move.  Yep, that's it, he was telling them fictitious stories about Jedi Knights and The Sith.

No comments:

Post a Comment